The Joy of Saying No
A Simple Plan to Stop People Pleasing, Reclaim Boundaries, and Say Yes to the Life You Want
On Sale: 2023-01-10
Format: Downloadable audio file
No is not a dirty word. Follow author Natalie Lue’s six-step plan to find your no so you can create healthier boundaries and reconnect with your values and authentic self.
About the Book
Read by the author.
Are you still playing a role you learned in childhood to please others, such as the Good Girl/Boy, the Overachiever, or the Helper? Though these kinds of roles may have gained us attention and affection, they prohibited us from becoming our true selves.
People-pleasing--putting others ahead of ourselves to avoid something negative or to get something we want or need--runs rampant in our society. Saying yes when we should say no leaves us stuck in frustrating patterns. And when we don’t say yes authentically, we say it resentfully, which leads to more problems than if we'd said no in the first place.
The Joy of Saying No will help you identify your people-pleasing style and habits. A six-step framework then teaches you how to discover the healing and transformative power of no to
- establish healthier boundaries,
- foster more intimate relationships and fulfilling experiences, and
- reconnect with your values and authentic self.
- ISBN: 9780785290469
- ISBN 10: 078529046X
- Imprint: Harper Horizon
- On Sale: 2023-01-10
- List Price: $24.99
- Publisher: Harper Horizon
- Publication Date: 2023-01-10
- Category 1 : SELF-HELP / Communication & Social Skills *
- Category 2 : SELF-HELP / Codependency
- Category 3 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Happiness
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) *