Willie Nelson's Letters to America
On Sale: 2021-06-29
Willie’s latest book--a series of heartfelt letters, along with song lyrics to some of his biggest hits--draws upon his incredible seventy-year music career, his love-filled family life, and his role as an American icon and font of wit and wisdom
About the Book
Following his bestselling memoir, It’s a Long Story, Willie Nelson now delivers his most intimate thoughts and stories in Willie Nelson's Letters to America.
A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestseller!
From his opening letter “Dear America” to his “Dear Willie” epilogue, Willie digs deep into his heart and soul--and his music catalog--to lift us up in difficult times, and to remind us of the endless promise and continuous obligations of all Americans--to themselves, to one another, and to their nation.
In a series of letters straight from the heart, Willie sends his thanks and his thoughts to:
- Americans past, present, and future,
- his closest family members, andhis parents, sister, and children,
- his other family members
- his guitar “Trigger”,
- his hero Gene Autry,
- the US founding fathers,
- his personal heroes, from our founding fathers to the leaders of future generations and to young songwriters as well as leaders of our future generations.
Willie’s letters are rounded out with the moving lyrics to some of his most famous and insightful songs, including “Let Me Be a Man,” “Family Bible,” “Summer of Roses,” “Me and Paul,” “A Horse called Music,” “Healing Hands of Time,” and “Yesterday's Wine.”
'In Willie Nelson's recent memoir Willie Nelson's' Letters to America, the country music icon bares his most personal epistles to the country he loves, his heroes and influences, stories behind the songs and the creative (and life) lessons he's learned along the way.'
'Partly autobiographical, often funny, and entirely insightful from a cannabis-loving man who's fully experienced every one of his 88 years, Willie Nelson's Letters to America is a beautiful read for all.'
- ISBN: 9780785241546
- ISBN 10: 078524154X
- Imprint: Harper Horizon
- On Sale: 2021-06-29
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $27.99
- Publisher: Harper Horizon
- Publication Date: 2021-06-29
- Category 1 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Composers & Musicians
- Category 2 : HISTORY / United States / General
- Category 3 : MUSIC / Genres & Styles / Country & Bluegrass
- Category 4 : MUSIC / Genres & Styles / Folk & Traditional
- Category 5 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Entertainment & Performing Arts