Willie Nelson's Letters to America
On Sale: 2021-06-29
Willie’s latest book--a series of heartfelt letters, along with song lyrics to some of his biggest hits--draws upon his incredible seventy-year music career, his love-filled family life, and his role as an American icon and font of wit and wisdom
About the Book
American music legend Willie Nelson follows his bestselling books It’s a Long Story and The Tao of Willie with Letters to America, a more personal and intimate book than anything he’s ever written.
From his opening letter “Dear America” to his “Dear Willie” epilogue, Willie digs deep into his heart and soul--and his music catalog--to lift us up in difficult times, and to remind us of the endless promise and continuous obligations of all Americans--to themselves, to one another, and to their nation.
In a series of letters straight from the heart, Willie sends his thanks and his thoughts to
- Americans past, present, and future,
- his closest family members, and
- his personal heroes, from our founding fathers to the leaders of future generations.
Willie’s letters are rounded out with the moving lyrics to some of his most famous and insightful songs, including “Let Me Be a Man,” “Family Bible,” “Summer of Roses,” “Me and Paul,” and “Yesterday's Wine.”
- ISBN: 9780785241546
- ISBN 10: 078524154X
- Imprint: Harper Horizon
- On Sale: 2021-06-29
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $27.99
- Publisher: Harper Horizon
- Publication Date: 2021-06-29
- Category 1 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Composers & Musicians
- Category 2 : HISTORY / United States / General
- Category 3 : MUSIC / Genres & Styles / Folk & Traditional
- Category 4 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Entertainment & Performing Arts