A Coat of Yellow Paint
Moving Through the Noise to Love the Life You Live
On Sale: 2021-04-06
Join Naomi Davis, creator of Love Taza, on adventures of marriage, motherhood, and family. By sharing her relatable experiences--in the endearing, intimate style millions appreciate--Naomi shows how to ignore the noise distracting you from living with purpose, to seek out the silver lining and focus on building a life you love.
About the Book
Life doesn’t come with an instruction book for the role of perfect wife and mother. However, as Love Taza creator Naomi Davis?discovered on her journey from newlywed Juilliard dancer to mother of five, a joyful life is a work of art that only you can create for yourself.
When Naomi launched the popular blog Love Taza a decade ago, she had no way of knowing where that first blog post would lead or the millions of lives she’d impact.
In A Coat of Yellow Paint, Naomi details an exploration of her faith, personal heartaches, challenges balancing a home life with career, motherhood, and her struggles with infertility.
Along the way, Naomi illustrates the urgency of celebrating life’s most important things––family, faith, friendship, and an upright piano painted bright yellow––ignoring the critics.
Through stories time-stamped?as intimate and vulnerable essays, Naomi shares life lessons she’s learned, including how to:
- communicate openly and honestly in your marriage and friendships
- be confident in the choices you make as a mother--and why you’re more than “just a mom”
- overcome criticism--including from yourself--on body image, infertility, and doing “enough”
- make childhood feel magical and seek out adventures with your little ones
- navigate spiritual upheaval and reclaim your faith
- find more soulfulness in your social media and online experience
If you dream of a life celebrating family, self, and work in a way that feels right for you, A Coat of Yellow Paint will?inspire you to drown out the noise of others’ opinions and expectations--so you can be empowered to love your life.
- ISBN: 9780785238683
- ISBN 10: 0785238689
- Imprint: Harper Horizon
- On Sale: 2021-04-06
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $26.99
- Publisher: Harper Horizon
- Publication Date: 2021-04-06
- Category 1 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Parenting / Motherhood
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Marriage & Long Term Relationships
- Category 3 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Happiness
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Self-Esteem
- Category 5 : SELF-HELP / Self-Management / General *
- Category 6 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Women