Gardening Is For Everybody
Yes, Even You!
Even if all you have is a postage stamp's worth of space on a balcony, patio, or front stoop, The Container Victory Garden equips you to dig into the joys of container gardening, right where you are.
Imagine this: In the morning, you pluck a few mint leaves from your backdoor herb garden and add them to your tea. A few hours later, you step out onto your patio and collect a handful of lettuce leaves for your lunch salad. Just before dinner, you harvest a few basil leaves and cherry tomatoes for a delicious caprese pasta.
In her trademark warm and informative style, bestselling author and expert gardener Maggie Stuckey shares everything you need to know to succeed with container gardening: planning, gearing up, planting, nurturing, and harvesting.
In The Container Victory Garden, you will find:
- A color photo gallery of noteworthy plants ideal for containers, to help you plan your own Victory Garden
- Six original paintings depicting the wide range of families and life circumstances for which container gardening is the perfect answer
- 25 detailed line-art drawings that illustrate gardening techniques and set-ups especially valuable for container gardens
- 20 first-person stories of World War II Victory Gardens, with advice and tender memories for today’s gardeners
- A complete but easy-to-follow guide to growing a bounty of fresh vegetables, herbs, and edible flowers entirely in containers
This is the promise of container gardening: a fresh bounty of vegetables, herbs, and edible flowers you can enjoy in every season.
Coming February 21, 2023
Take a Peak
What Others Are Saying
Gardener Stuckey delivers a simple manual on how to grow plants in containers. . . The thorough, no-fuss advice for growing vegetables, herbs, and flowers will get beginners started in no time. Urban gardeners will appreciate the recommendations on making the most out of limited space.
Pre-order The Container Victory Garden and receive this exclusive PDF, Three Seasons Garden Planner: Maximizing Minimal Space with Just One Pot.
Must be 18 years or older. HarperCollins Focus is not responsible for submission errors.
About the Author
Maggie Stuckey is a gardener who cooks, a cook who gardens, and a writer happily immersed in both arenas, as the titles of her books suggest: Gardening from the Ground Up, Soup Night, Country Tea Parties, The Complete Spice Book, The Complete Herb Book, The Houseplant Encyclopedia, and five others. She divides her time between Portland, Oregon, and the tiny coastal town of Ocean Park, Washington.