Not That Fancy
Simple Lessons on Living, Loving, Eating, and Dusting Off Your Boots
On Sale: 2023-10-10
Format: Downloadable audio file
In Not That Fancy, GRAMMY-award winning singer and actress Reba McEntire shares life lessons, behind-the-scenes stories and photos, and her favorite comfort food recipes to inspire you to enjoy the simple things in life.
About the Book
The best things in life are really not that fancy. This audiobook featuring all-things-Reba invites you to get back to the basics of life: fun, food, friends, and family. In her first book in over two decades, actress and country music legend Reba McEntire takes you behind the scenes and shares the stories, recipes, and Oklahoma-style truths that guide her life.
Read by Reba herself the audiobook includes exclusive, behind-the-scenes conversations with Reba and her family and friends! These interviews are available only to audio listeners. You’ll hear from:
- Dolly Parton
- Ronnie Dunn
- Kix Brooks
- Carrie Underwood
- Lauren Daigle
- Vince Gill
- Luke Bryan
- Kristin Chenoweth
- Reba’s siblings
- Carly Pearce
- Tony Brown
- Terri Clark
- Hillary Scott
"To me, there's nothing better than sitting on the back porch looking out at the land that goes on for miles. A beautiful sunset and then me, just sipping on a glass of iced tea (or whiskey and Sprite) with my friends and family. I don't know what heaven's going to look like, but I hope it feels like Oklahoma. Throw in some beans and cornbread, and I'm all set.
"Okies know that the secret to a good life is to keep things simple and be thankful for what the good Lord's given you. That's what I want to get back to. Simple fun, hard work, good food, and laughing with those you love. Everything I'm doing in my life from here on out—personal or professional, doesn't matter—I'm going to have fun.
"That’s what I'm sharing in this book—some simple, not-that-fancy truths I live by and a bunch of good stories, photos, and recipes that go along with them. So if you're looking to slow down, get back to basics, and have a heckuva lot of fun, I think we're going to have a good time together. Come on in, kick off your boots (or leave them on, I don’t care), and learn how to bring a little bit of my downhome-inspired life into your own."
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Not That Fancy includes:
- Never-before-told stories from rodeoing with her family to pranks with Brooks & Dunn to falling in love over a plate of tater tots
- Behind-the-scenes anecdotes from her music and acting career, with inspiration on how to follow your passion, trust your gut, and take a chance on yourself
- Lighthearted lifestyle tips on how to achieve Reba's signature hairstyle, plan a down-to-earth date night, throw an effortless dinner party, and more
- An audiobook companion PDF download that includes nearly 200 photographs from Reba's childhood, career, and personal life—many of which are straight from Reba's phone—and more than 60 recipes for appetizers, mains, sides, desserts, and cocktails from Reba's personal kitchen, from friends and family, and from her restaurant, Reba's Place
Not That Fancy is ideal for Reba fans, country music lovers, or anyone who enjoys an easygoing Western lifestyle.
- ISBN: 9781400238279
- ISBN 10: 1400238277
- Imprint: Harper Celebrate
- On Sale: 2023-10-10
- List Price: $21.99
- Publisher: Harper Celebrate
- Publication Date: 2023-10-10
- Category 1 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Composers & Musicians
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Extended Family *
- Category 3 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Entertainment & Performing Arts
- Category 4 : COOKING / Regional & Ethnic / American / Western States