Cultures of Belonging
Building Inclusive Organizations that Last
On Sale: 2022-02-15
Clear, actionable steps for you to build new values, experiences, and perspectives into your organizational culture, infusing it with the diversity, inclusion, andbelonging employees need to feel accepted, be their best selves, and do their best work.
About the Book
Clear, actionable steps for you to build new values, experiences, and perspectives into your organizational culture, infusing it with the diversity, inclusion, and belonging employees need to feel accepted, be their best selves, and do their best work.
Bypass the faulty processes and communication styles that make change impossible in so many other organizations; access these practical tools and ideas for increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in your company.
Filled with actionable advice Alida Miranda-Wolff learned through her own struggles being an outsider in a work culture that did not value inclusion, and having since worked with over 60 organizations to prioritize DEI initiatives and all the value and richness it adds to the workplace, this roadmap helps leaders:
- Learn why creating an environment where everyone feels belonging is the new barometer for employee engagement.
- Develop an understanding of the key terms around DEI and why they matter.
- Assess where your organization is today.
- Define and take the small steps that build new muscle memory into an organizational culture.
- Increase employee engagement, collaboration, innovation, communication, and sense of belonging.
- Build confidence in how to solve future DEI-related challenges.
- Get buy-in from colleagues (and even resisters) who can clearly see how to move forward and why.
Overcome any limiting work environment and build all new processes and communication priorities that allow your employees to be a part of something greater than themselves while your organization learns to value and embrace the unique experiences and perspective that each employee brings to the company.
'Alida Miranda-Wolff unlocks how we can do better for everyone to create deeper and better relationships at work.'
'In Cultures of Belonging, Alida Miranda-Wolff breaks open how to take these values and beliefs around belonging so many of us have and turn them into regular, repeatable, and automatic behaviors. Valuable and thoughtful!'
'The Poetry Foundation has been forever changed by following the prescriptions laid out in Cultures of Belonging. It is a highly thoughtful and informative guide for assessment, planning and action to achieve DEIB goals at every level.'
'So much of the conversation around diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging is about the problems; with Cultures of Belonging, Alida Miranda-Wolff brings together engaging personal anecdotes and spot-on advice on how to make realistic -- and yet, still radical -- changes that get at the heart of practical solutions.'
- ISBN: 9781400229253
- ISBN 10: 1400229251
- Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
- On Sale: 2022-02-15
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $19.99
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publication Date: 2022-02-15
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership