Black Faces in High Places
10 Strategic Actions for Black Professionals to Reach the Top and Stay There
On Sale: 2022-02-08
The essential guide for Black professionals to move up through their organizations and ultimately reach the top, with real-life tips, strategies, and insights from Black peers to help you stay there. ?
About the Book
A timely resource for Black professionals on how to rise to the top of their organizations or industries and, just as importantly, to stay there.
Black Faces in High Places is the essential guide for Black professionals who are moving up through their organizations or industries but need a roadmap for how to get to the top and stay there. It highlights the experiences of other Black faces in high places who were able to navigate various crossroads, reach the top, and stay there, including insights from President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Cathy Hughes, Bob Johnson, Ursula Burns, David Steward, Angela Glover Blackwell, Ken Chenault, Senator Cory Booker, Geoffrey Canada, and others. This groundbreaking book:
- Provides a lens into the careers of other prominent figures, across several industries and sectors.
- Identifies the 10 strategic actions successful Black leaders and executives must take.
- Empowers readers with models and steps to follow these 10 strategic actions on their own journeys to becoming a prominent leader.
- Outlines the unique challenges that come with a leadership role and how to overcome them.
- Walks readers through the changes in mindset, skillset, and toolset required to travel along the success path while helping others at every step along the way.
'Black Faces in High Places is an essential roadmap for any African-American professional or aspiring professional to learn to navigate what can be challenging terrain. This book is one part toolkit, two parts inspiration.'
'Black Faces in High Places should be required reading for any African-American professional.'
'The roadmap to climb the ladder and create lasting change is found in Black Faces in High Places.'
'Black Faces in High Places details the blueprint for Black professionals to not only grow as leaders but explains the importance of being a mentor to others who are striving to achieve the top status too often denied. This is an incredible book outlining essential strategies that every Black professional should embrace.'
'Black Faces in High Places not only gives strategy, it gives proof of concepts by authorship from people who have done it!'
- ISBN: 9781400228973
- ISBN 10: 1400228972
- Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
- On Sale: 2022-02-08
- Pages: 304
- List Price: $22.99
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publication Date: 2022-02-08
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture