Disrupting the Game
From the Bronx to the Top of Nintendo
On Sale: 2022-05-03
Format: Downloadable audio file
Gaming legend and boss level disruptor Reggie Fils-Aimé, retired President and Chief Operating Officer of Nintendo of America Inc., shares leadership lessons and inspiring stories from his unlikely rise to the top.
About the Book
WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLER
Includes an audiobook-exclusive conversation with video game journalist Geoff Keighley!
Read by the author.
LESSONS FROM A BOSS-LEVEL DISRUPTOR AND GAMING LEGEND
Reggie Fils-Aimé, retired President and Chief Operating Officer of Nintendo of America Inc., shares leadership lessons and inspiring stories from his unlikely rise to the top.
Although he’s best known as Nintendo's iconic President of the Americas—immortalized for opening Nintendo’s 2004 E3 presentation with, “My name is Reggie, I'm about kicking ass, I'm about taking names, and we're about making games”—Reggie Fils-Aimé’s story is the ultimate game plan for anyone looking to beat the odds and achieve success.
Learn from Reggie how to leverage disruptive thinking to pinpoint the life choices that will make you truly happy, conquer negative perceptions from those who underestimate or outright dismiss you, and master the grit, perseverance, and resilience it takes to dominate in the business world and to reach your professional dreams.
As close to sitting one-on-one with the gaming legend as it gets, you will learn:
- About the challenges Reggie faced throughout his life and career—from his humble childhood as the son of Haitian immigrants, to becoming one of the most powerful names in the history of the gaming industry.
- What it takes to reach the top of your own industry, including being brave enough to stand up for your ideas, while also being open to alternative paths to success.
- How to create vibrant and believable visions for your career, your team, and your company.
- How to maintain relentless curiosity and know when to ask questions to shatter the status quo.
- ISBN: 9781400226696
- ISBN 10: 1400226694
- Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
- On Sale: 2022-05-03
- List Price: $24.99
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publication Date: 2022-05-03
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Industries / Entertainment
- Category 2 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Business
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success