Built, Not Born
A Self-Made Billionaire's No-Nonsense Guide for Entrepreneurs
On Sale: 2020-02-11
Built, Not Born is for current or aspiring business owners who feel nervous about the risks of entrepreneurship. Tom Golisano, self-made billionaire and founder of Paychex, believes starting a business isn’t as risky as you might think and provides no-nonsense, often humorous advice on how to succeed in all phases of business ownership.
About the Book
No-nonsense lessons on what it takes to build a successful business.
"If you are an entrepreneur or owner with a burning desire to do better, this is one book you need to get." - Small Business Trends
Tom Golisano understands the fears, risks, and challenges small-business owners face every day—he’s lived it. He has launched and grown his own highly successful businesses and mentored dozens of entrepreneurs, helping them build their own successful companies.
Built, Not Born shows readers:
- How going against the grain can be a great strategy for finding business opportunities and why it pays to question conventional wisdom.
- Why the pregnant pause can be an effective weapon in negotiations and when interviewing potential employees.
- Why a prenuptial or even a postnuptial agreement is critical to any business owner.
- What potential buyers and funding sources look for, and the best way to present a business plan.
- And finally, the key growth and leadership strategies that have helped Paychex sustain its incredible level of growth and profitability.
- ISBN: 9781400217557
- ISBN 10: 1400217555
- Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
- On Sale: 2020-02-11
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $24.99
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publication Date: 2020-02-11
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Entrepreneurship
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Free Enterprise