The Container Victory Garden
A Beginner’s Guide to Growing Your Own Groceries
On Sale: 2023-02-21
Format: Downloadable audio file
Whether you have a postage stamp's worth of space or acres to spare, Produce on Your Porch equips you to dig into the joys of container gardening, right where you are.
About the Book
Even if all you have is a postage stamp's worth of space on a balcony, patio, or front stoop, The Container Victory Garden equips you to dig into the joys of container gardening, right where you are.
Imagine this: In the morning, you pluck a few mint leaves from your backdoor herb garden and add them to your tea. A few hours later, you step out onto your patio and collect a handful of lettuce leaves for your lunch salad. Just before dinner, you harvest a few basil leaves and cherry tomatoes for a delicious caprese pasta.
In her trademark warm and informative style, bestselling author and expert gardener Maggie Stuckey shares everything you need to know to succeed with container gardening: planning, gearing up, planting, nurturing, and harvesting.
In The Container Victory Garden, you will find:
- detailed line art drawings that illustrate many gardening techniques and set-ups
- first-person stories of World War II Victory Gardens and their inspiration for today's gardeners
- beautiful full-color paintings of diverse people enjoying their container gardens
This is the promise of container gardening: a fresh bounty of vegetables, herbs, and edible flowers you can enjoy in every season.
'Stuckey delivers a simple manual on how to grow plants in containers. The thorough, no-fuss advice for growing vegetables, herbs, and flowers will get beginners started in no time.'
- ISBN: 9780785255819
- ISBN 10: 0785255818
- Imprint: Harper Horizon
- On Sale: 2023-02-21
- List Price: $27.99
- Publisher: Harper Horizon
- Publication Date: 2023-02-21
- Category 1 : GARDENING / Container
- Category 2 : GARDENING / Herbs
- Category 3 : GARDENING / Vegetables
- Category 4 : HISTORY / Military / World War II