On Sale: 2013-10-05
In book two of the Merlin Spiral series by Robert Treskillard, the hunted Merlin takes young Arthur to find refuge from the soldiers who believe the young king was kidnapped. Betrayed and enslaved, Merlin must fight for his freedom and sail to the lands of eternal darkness to save Arthur’s life. Can he cleanse the world from this ancient evil?
About the Book
Betrayal. Fleeing from enemies on all sides, Merlin vows to protect young Arthur with his life and restore him to his rightful throne - but when Merlin's past reveals itself, he is left with few choices.
After destroying the sinister Druid Stone and freeing his people from its dark control with God's might, Merlin finds himself to be a royal advisor without a king. Along with his friend Garth and Natalenya, his betrothed, Merlin treks north with the orphaned Arthur in hopes of keeping the young ruler safe from soldiers misled by their turncoat captain. Relentlessly pursued by his nemesis Vortigern, Merlin and his band make for the fortress of Dintaga.
But dangers multiply when Merlin realizes that Vortigern is not his only enemy. Even his own sister appears bent on Merlin's destruction. As the threat on all their lives increases, Merlin discovers their only hope is sailing to the lands of eternal darkness and once again cleansing the world from an ancient and powerful evil.
The thrilling sequel to Merlin's Blade, Merlin's Shadow includes:
- Christian, faith-based retelling of the Arthurian legend
- map, character guide, and recap of Merlin's Blade
- rich historical detail
- perfect for young fans of Stephen Lawhead
Don't miss the other titles in The Merlin Spiral trilogy: Merlin's Blade (Book 1) and Merlin's Nightmare (Book 3)
Robert Treskillard breathes new life into the often-told tale of King Arthur and his faithful mentor, Merlin. Treskillard has managed to put a new spin on the story in this three-volume series called Merlin’s Spiral by focusing on Merlin’s story.
In Merlin’s Shadow, Merlin’s story continues. He finds himself adrift–an advisor to the uncrowned king, Arthur. On the run with his beloved and his faithful friend, Merlin faces adversaries on every side. Even his half-sister is bent on his destruction. Having plunged the sword into the druids’ stone, will Merlin be able to keep the young king safe when enemies surround them on every side?
Merlin’s Shadow and Merlin’s Nightmare are difficult to read as standalone novels, although the author tries to give the reader enough background in the glossary to permit this. Kudos to Treskillard, who not only identifies the characters but describes what happened in the previous books that is significant to the overall storyline. His attempt to recreate the Arthurian legend from a Christian perspective is to be applauded.
Recommended for public libraries and school libraries.
- ISBN: 9780310735083
- ISBN 10: 0310735084
- Imprint: Blink
- On Sale: 2013-10-05
- Pages: 448
- List Price: $12.99
- Publisher: Blink
- Series: The Merlin Spiral
- Publication Date: 2013-10-05
- Category 1 : YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Legends, Myths, Fables / Arthurian
- Category 2 : YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Action & Adventure / Survival Stories
- Category 3 : YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Romance / Historical
- Category 4 : YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Religious / Christian / Historical
- Category 5 : YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Fairy Tales & Folklore / Adaptations
- Category 6 : YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Fantasy / Epic
- Category 7 : YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Fantasy / General
- Category 8 : YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Fantasy / Historical
- Category 9 : YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Fantasy / Wizards & Witches
- Category 10 : YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Legends, Myths, Fables / General